How do I post a request and get back a response

From: Tony Baldarelli <tbaldarelli@wmsvision.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:39:02 -0500
To: <www-lib@w3.org>

Hello,
	I have been looking for awhile on how to do this and have been unable to
find a clear answer, or even answers that I can piece together to make a
clear answer.  So, if this has already been answered, sorry.
	Basically, I have made an XML document using the libxml API and have turned
it into a string.  Now I want to POST that string to a given URL, optionally
getting a response back.  I think the libwww functions should do what I
need, but the closest thing I can find is HTPostFormAnchorToChunk, but that
treats what I am posting as a form.  I am not posting a form, I am just
posting a string.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Tony Baldarelli
Programmer/Analyst
wmsVision, Inc.
1016 Copeland Oak Drive