Re: Installation problems

Hi Arnaud,

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 01:34:16PM -0500, Arnaud Mohun wrote:
> I have downloaded the w3c-libwww-5.4.0.tar.gz for linux Redhat 7.2,
> after extracting the package in a folder and do the ./configure,
> make and make install commands

The commands did succeed, didn't they? If compilation failed for
whatever reason, the files won't have been installed.

> when I try to compile a program in the libwww directory by using
> "gcc -o test `libwww-config --cflags` Library/Examples/libapp_1.c
> `libwww-config --libs` command I get as error that the header files
> such as WWWInit.h are not present.

If you execute "libwww-config --cflags", what does it output? There
should be a switch "-I/usr/local/include/w3c-libwww" or similar, and
the file "/usr/local/include/w3c-libwww/WWWInit.h" should be present.

BTW, I'm sure there are precompiled libwww RPMs available, you can
probably save yourself the trouble by using them rather than compiling
it yourself.

Cheers,

  Richard

--