zlib issue

From: Fred Covely <fcovely@bcftech.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:48:51 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
Is anyone else have problems with sites that send back gzip encoded data?

For example, if I do a simple HTTP Get on www.google.com accepting gzip, I
get no output.  I have traced this to htzip.c where the call to the zlib
function 'inflate' returns -3 (bad gzip format).  By various manueverings I
can force it to accept the google zip data, but I have been unable to make
it work with 5.3.2.

Any ideas?  With PK, doing a release shortly, I'd like to get my proposed
fix in if it is in fact a real bug and not some screw up on my part.

Fred Covely
BCF Technology
fcovely@bcftech.com
(B)760-631-8157