Getting Error 405 for Post Request ???

From: jayprakash <jayprakash@opussoft.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:38:13 +0530
To: <www-lib@w3.org>

Hello ,

we are trying to have the http client which should
1) post the data to web page
2) and return the chunk

but we are not able to do so. can someone tell us about the sample code ?
we are also attaching the code what we have tryed ..

we have tryed the sample program of wwwlib but they all are giving the
405 Method not allowed

>>comline -post http://w3c.org -form "1=hi"
Looking up w3c.org
Looking up w3c.org
Contacting w3c.org
Writing 1Kbytes
A redirection may change the behavior of this method - proceed anyway?
Looking up www.w3.org
Looking up www.w3.org
Contacting www.w3.org
Writing 1Kbytes
Fatal Error: 405 Method Not Allowed (Method Not Allowed)

Thanks in Advanced

Thanks And Regards