HTHost_read problems.

From: Nelson Spessard <nspessard@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:21:42 -0800 (PST)
To: wwwlib maillist <www-lib@w3.org>
Cc: Michel Philip <philipm@altern.org>
Ok I know I have posted several times on this issue
and I am hoping to get some some additional assistance
on this issue.

Earlier I posted a URL that seems to cause my
harvester to go out to lunch. The problem is this.  I
am writing a harvester on certain sites during the
Loadtofile command the system appears to go dead.
It program hangs in __libc_read
with the additional calls to
__DTOR_END__
HTHost_read
HTTPEvent
Looking at the variables in HTHost_read
return = input?((*input->isa->read) (input) :HT_CLOSE
input is NULL.
This input->isa->read indicates that a socket still
exists.
Now......
As I am using the libraries from the distribution not
from the CVS tree is this a problem?  Also how can I
get this socket to close?  It appears that the
HOST_TIMEOUT event is not being called and I also can
not find any error message triggered that I could use
as an event to close this socket....The socket itself
is still active if I am looking at the indicators on
my hub.  The problems also appears to show up only
after several hundred requests.   Any recommendations?

Thanks
Nelson