w3c-libwww-5.2.8-7 bug report

From: David Binderman <d.binderman@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:39:47 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
Hello there,

In compiling package w3c-libwww-5.2.8-7, from Redhat 7.1,

the Compaq C compiler produced the following messages

1.

cc: Warning: HTGopher.c, line 343: In this statement, the expression "start=start?++start:line" modifies the variable "start" more than once without an intervening sequence point. This behavior is undefined. (undefvarmod)

start = start ? ++start : line;

--------^

2.

cc: Warning: HTGopher.c, line 349: In this statement, the expression "start=start?++start:line" modifies the variable "start" more than once without an intervening sequence point. This behavior is undefined. (undefvarmod)

start = start ? ++start : line;

--------^

3.

cc: Warning: HTGopher.c, line 402: In this statement, the expression "start=start?++start:line" modifies the variable "start" more than once without an intervening sequence point. This behavior is undefined. (undefvarmod)

start = start ? ++start : line;

--------^

4.

cc: Warning: CSApp.c, line 382: The scalar variable "pCSUser" is fetched but not initialized. And there may be other such fetches of this variable that have not been reported in this compilation. (uninit1)

HTTRACE(PICS_TRACE, "PICS: User \"%s\" not found.\n" _ CSUser_name(pCSUser));

--------^

I'm afraid I have no fixes for any of these problems I have found.

Regards

--

David Binderman