Connection Timeout.

From: Nelson Spessard <nspessard@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 04:40:49 -0800 (PST)
To: wwwlib maillist <www-lib@w3.org>
Cc: rcorell@adobe.com
I'm seeing the same problem and looking for a
solution.  Have experienced the same thing and also
get it when there is a server present and the
connection seems to take too long The system will die
in the event loop for the socket.  I have thought
about adding a timer to the socket connection event
but doing so seems to elude me.  There is no global
method from the host to set such an event and I am not
sure how to create a timer for a host channel or
socket without rewriting a significant portion of the
library to get to the routines where I think the
timers aught to be installed.
If anyone has seen this problem please let me know as
well I could use some help on this.
Nelson
>	If I try to connect to a valid host with no >HTTP
server, I never seem to
>get a timeout.  I've tried altering the various
>timeout values with
>	HTHost_setEventTimeout();
>	HTHost_setActiveTimeout(;
>	HTHost_setPersistTimeout();
>
>	...but to no avail.  I'm using the >WWW_WIN_ASYNC
environment, and the