The never ending loop

From: Nelson Spessard <nspessard@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:42:21 -0800 (PST)
To: wwwlib maillist <www-lib@w3.org>
I'm having problems with idle sockets in my program.
Occasionally A request is made by my application and
the request as best I can tell does not complete.
When this happens the system appears to drop into a
perpetual event-loop and never comes back.
Please not that I already have the host EventTimer set
to 20 seconds :-)
I would like to set an activity timer so that after
say 5 minutes if there are not active requests the
system can return or at minimum alert and die.  The
question  I have is how and if this can be done within
the W3 Event-loop?  Also if others have encountered
this problem if there are other timers that I might
need to set.

Thanks in advance.

Nelson