Re: Problems with LibWWW under MacOS 9.2.x

At 5:48 PM +0100 12/20/01, Joost Huizinga wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Does anyone use LibWWW under MacOS 9.2.1 or 9.2.2?
>
>  We have a program that (LibWWW 5.3.2 on top of GUSI 2.1.9) that works fine
>under MacOS 9.0.4 and 9.1, but has problems under the 9.2.x versions. The
>program works fine, but when we close it, it ends with a type 11 error. In
>MacsBug we get an 'excluded memory exception'.
>
>We use HtPostAnchor to post a request to a server and it turns out that this
>call in the end is the cause of the problem, because when we remove this
>call and close the app, it doesn't crash anymore. Does anyone on the list
>have an idea what is going on.
>
>- Joost

Hello Joost,

Yes I have been using a patched version of libwww 5.3.2 on MacOS
and did not see any new problems when moving from 9.1.x to 9.2.x

Since MacOS support isn't automatic, I assume you made additions
to libwww to support some Mac specific features?
(This mailing list's archives has a couple of posts on getting libwww
to work with MacOS and compile..)

I also use HTPostAnchor in my app and it seems to work ok.
Are you posting your data with a temp src anchor using:
  src = HTTmpAnchor(NULL);
or actually a local file?

I do remember there were pathname platform issues with the libwww that
did not have any #defines for handling MacOS path separators etc..
that needed updating,
perhaps the source of your problem is there?

Since your crash is happening on shutdown you also might want to look
at how GUSI's static globals are getting freed as that could potentially be
a source of your problem since it is handling and initializing the
lower level socket connections for libwww....

Jeff
--

Jeff Adams
Precision Graphics             phone: 217-359-6655  ext. 295