Problems downloading XML Files

From: Florian Schmidt <schmidt_florian@f-24.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:14:49 +0200
To: www-lib@w3.org

i simply want to download an XML-File over HTTP. I've tried it for 4 days
now but without any sucsess.

i tried the sample-programs loadtofile and chunkbody. but both return NO
data. (they download the file but then maybe a filter filters everything out..)

if i rename my xml file on the http-server to something unknown i can
dowload the file.

maybe it is with the MIME-Types... But how can i turn off the filter or
create a new filter/mime-type to download the unchanged xml file ??

what do i have to do to get a simple dumb http-file-downloader without any
mime-type interpretation/conversation .... i just want the protocol layer.

thanks in advance....

Florian Schmidt