Can I bind a client to a specific source address?

From: John Padula <john_padula@aviancommunications.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:32:02 -0400
To: <www-lib@w3.org>

Hi:

I've been testing out libwww and been impressed with how easy it is
to get results quickly.

One thing I've not been able to determine is if there is a way to bind a
client request to a particular source IP address.  I have a machine
with multiple interfaces and I would like to be able to start a number
of requestor programs that send on interface X, and a number that send
out on interface Y.

I didn't see any blatant config params or API arguments that will let
that
happen.

Did I miss the boat on this one or does the code need to be 'enhanced'
for
this type of specific control..?

Thanks very much,
John P.