Broken pipe error

From: Niels van Tongeren <niels.van.tongeren@cmg.nl>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:04:22 +0200
To: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
Hello,

I have a problem with libwww when a 'Broken pipe' signal occurs. I have
enabled logging with the function 'settracemessagemask(*)'. Then I see the
following line:
Error....... Add  73	Severity: 1	Parameter: `Broken pipe'
Where: `NETWRITE'

In the program I pass the request to libwww as follows:
[...]
	b_status = HTLoadAnchor(pr_anchor, pr_req);
	if (b_status == YES)
	{
        		/*
		** Go into an event loop.
        		*/
		HTEventList_loop(pr_req);

        		/*
        		** Try to get the HTTP response.
        		*/
        		st_status = get_http_response(pr_req, pr_chunk,
pr_response);
[...]

The 'HTEventList_loop()'-function returns, and in the
'get_http_response()'-function I check the error-code as follows:

[...]
i_errindex = HTError_index(pr_error);
[...]

The 'i_errindex'-variable contains the number 73 (see above), where it
contains the number 2 when the request is successful. So I thought that the
request failed, but when I checked the libwww logging again, I saw that the
request was still handled further on in time (likely after having set up a
new connection to the host). But I could not handle this (late) response,
because I already reacted to the error 73 ( and I already got out of the
'HTEventList_loop()'-function).  How can I handle this problem correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Niels van Tongeren