RE: Configuring and making without-md5

I don't have any experience with your specific problem but here are some
thoughts:

1) The MD5 package is included for digest authentication. If you want to
build without MD5, you might also need to modify the authentication
modules
2) If you don't want the MD5 package, I wouldn't remove the module from
the build. I believe the MD5 pakcage is only called if you set up your
application to perform digest authentication.

Hope this helps.

-- Josh