Re: FW: get it while it's hot - raw XML

> John Punin had a much better way to get raw XML from libwww. Thanks
> for the help John!

>> From: John Punin [mailto:puninj@cs.rpi.edu]

FWIW I used to have
    HTFormat_addConversion(mimeType.c_str(),"www/present",
			   KNetStream_new,1.0,0.0,0.0);
for registering my own handlers (KNetStream_new() looks into its own
map of handlers, and creates a new one, depending on the MIME type it
is called with).

When I change this to
    HTFormat_addConversion(mimeType.c_str(),"*/*",
			   KNetStream_new,1.0,0.0,0.0);
things work fine if there is no authentication involved.

If there is an authentication response, a stack is created for
conversion from "text/html" to "*/*", and it seems like it is trying
to parse the HTML as XML, which doesn't work for me.

When I have "www/present" as the conversion target for "text/xml",
things work for me when I do GET requests, if I have trace on, I get
lines like:
	StreamStack. Constructing stream stack for text/xml to www/present

However, when I send a WebDAV PROPFIND request, using HTLoad(), the
conversion in the trace is:
	StreamStack. Constructing stream stack for text/xml to */*

And the result from that stack ends up in some black hole.  It
certainly doesn't end up in my XML parser.

Hm...