Re: https over proxy patch

From: Putz Doug <PutzDoug@JohnDeere.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:13:08 -0500
To: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
Mikhail,

I've also tried this patch(with all the suggested changes incorpurated) to
get https to work through proxy when doing a POST, however, I'm running into
a different problem. It seems that the https request is not connecting
throught the proxy do to an error. Any thoughts...my logging shows:

 library - :HTTPEvent..state..HTTP_BEGIN
 library - :HTHost 40039d58 going to state TCP_ERROR.
 library - :Error....... Add  73        Severity: 1     Parameter: `Invalid
argument'   Where: `connect'
 library - :HTHost 40039d58 going to state TCP_BEGIN.
 library - :Host connect Unlocking Host 40039d58
 library - :HTTPEvent....HTTP_ERROR
 library - :HTTP Clean.. Called with status -1, net 4003a008

The proxy server I'm trying to go through has one port assigned for HTTP
requests and another for HTTPS(secure) requests. The HTTP request works just
fine yet the HTTPS is getting an 'Invalid argument'. I'm thinking that the
HTSSLWriter object is getting created to soon and interfearing with the
initial CONNECT request/response handshake with the PROXY server. Your
thoughts?