I don't get body when doing a POST-Request and HTTP-Status=400

From: Kroemer, Jochen <Jochen.Kroemer@t-systems.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:29:02 +0200
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hi,

my problem is as follows:
I have to contact a HTTP-Server with a POST-request. In the body I send a list of name/value pairs. When the server accepts my request it sends an URL in the body of its response. With this URL I can fetch further infos. This works perfectly.
When the server doesn't accept my request (for example because of syntactical errors in the name/value-pairs) it sends a HTTP-Error 400 (Bad Request). In the body of its response it sends a detailed error description. The server works as described, I checked it with an internetbrowser. But my program based on libwww  doesn't work as expected. In the terminate_handler-event I recieve a status of -400. The result_chunk is not equal to NULL but HTChunk_data(result_chunk) is NULL. So I'm not able to fetch the error description. (Same result, when using example-program postform.c)

When trying to produce a Bad Request when sending a GET-Request the situation is as follows:
In the terminate_handler-event I get a status of -1.
result_chunk is not equal to NULL
HTChunk_data(result_chunk) points to a String with the complete response (header and body).

Any hints how I can get the header and body with a POST-request too?

Thanks
Jochen