Re: libwww & javascript

From: ??? <thedeft@softwise.co.kr>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:00:02 +0900
To: <www-lib@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "François Chenais" <Francois.Chenais@citb.bull.net>
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 5:37 PM
Subject: libwww & javascript

Hello,

Is libwww included functionnalities for parsing javascript code ?

François

--
Francois.Chenais@citb.bull.net
   BULL-CITB            tel:(+33) 556 437 848   Home: francois@chenais.net

No, Javascript is not understood by libwww. I'm also looking for ways to parse "some" java functionalities within HTML documents (for following links generated by javascript). I did a little trick with default HTML parser such that things within <SCRIPT> tags are passed as "LITERAL" sgml elements. So that I can use HText_addText calls and parse the codes explicitly. All I've done is extract everything within single/double quotes and decide whether they can be valid links or not. Inappropriate, but worked in quite a few cases.

Are there open source Javascript interpreters that I may be able to use ?