Re: Proposal: fast track procedure for accepting patches

From: Art Barstow <barstow@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:10:30 -0500
To: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 12:12:38PM +0200, Jose Kahan wrote:
> How does it look like?

Hi Jose,

Your plan looks good and thanks for your hard work!

WRT mail lists, at the X Consortium I believe we managed
this problem with a bug-trackers list and a bug-fixs list.
The former was used exclusively for reporting bugs and
the latter was only used for fixes/patches.  The email
to bug-fixes were numered [so they could be applied in order]
and only contained the results from `patch` [with a context
diff] so the patch could be automatically applied to a source
tree.  For an example, see:

Art Barstow