Re: Newbie Win2K/MSVC compile - WWWSYS.H? - Problem solved

From: Christopher Russell <cdr@encapsule.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:22:25 -0500
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
A note to others attempting to compile libwww on Windows using MSVC 6.0:

I detailed problems in my previous message where compilation of the library
was aborted due to missing header files - specifically wwwsys.h. Here's what
I did wrong...

When I initially bootstrapped the CVS checkout using the
config/winConfigure.pl perl script (note that you should use ActivePerl for
Win32), I made the mistake of using Windows backslashes and not UNIX front
slashes on the command line:

DO NOT DO THIS:

C:\ > perl config\winConfigure.pl

DO THIS:

C:\ > perl config/winConfigure.pl

What you should realize is that if you forget and do it wrong, then remember
and do it right on top of the same distribution you're still sunk. You have
to use the UNIX front slashes as in config/winConfigure.pl and that's all
there is to it.

- cdr