Re: HTTP Posting...

Andy_Storey@tertio.com wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am using libwww 5.3.2 to post requests into a thirdparty application
> running Jigsaw 2.0.5 server and Oracle XSQLPages 1.0.2. The request header
> generated by libwww includes the 'Expect: 100-continue' but the server
> never returns 100-continue.
>
> Does anyone know whether it is the Jigsaw server or Oracle XSQLPages
> (XSQLServlet?) which should return the 100-continue? Alternatively, is it
> possible to configure libwww so that it doesn't expect 100-continue
> together in one go?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Andy.
>
> Tertio Limited  -  One Angel Square,   Torrens Street,   London  EC1V 1PL
> Tel: +44 (0)20 7843 4000 Fax: +44 (0)20 7843 4001 Web http://www.tertio.com
> except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Tertio
> Ltd.

Hi Andy,

Try looking at the comments in the header file HTTP.h

I think your 100-continue's are coming from the default
_HTTPConnectionMode HTTP_11_PIPELINING,
try setting: HTTP_setConnectionMode(HTTP_11_NO_PIPELINING); or even more
drastic
HTTP_FORCE_10 to turn off the HTTP 1.1 persistent connection, pipelining
feature.

On whether the server and XSQLPages should support this, I am not sure
though since
Jigsaw reports it supports HTTP 1.1 I would think it would support
continues...
I know when I am using Apache Tomcat 3.2 servlet engine I need to use
the mod_jk and not the mod_jserv
module in order for HTTP 1.1 persistent connections to work properly for
me...

Hope this helps,
Jeff