Segmentation fault in AIX

From: Travis at DigitalOwl <tdwyer@digitalowl.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 18:29:06 -0500
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
I've recently downloaded the latest tar ball release (Dec. 20, 2000), and
I'm having problems running any of the test programs.  I'm working on an AIX
box and am fairly new to this environment.  The build and install seemed to
work fine, and I can link the libraries into my software.  The problem is I
get a segmentation fault (coredump) everytime I try to initialize
(HTProfile_newNoCacheClient).  For a sanity check I tried to run some of the
examples in libwww, like post and init, but had the same thing occur.  If
the sample programs don't even work, my guess would be that something went
wrong with the build, but I didn't notice anything that looked wrong.  First
I built it with gcc then again with xlc when it didn't work.

I'm kind of at a loss, and any help or a point in the right direction would
be much appreciated.

Thanks
Travis