Re: anyone working on WebDAV support for libwww?

From: Josh Watts <jwatts@pretorynet.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 13:50:49 -0400
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
I just subscribed to the mailing list and saw this in an archive so I
thought I would respond. I am working on WebDAV support in libwww. I
would be more than happy to contribute the code to the project.

Anyways, I've successfully added most WebDAV methods save for a couple
and now I'm running into a minor problem. Some of the WebDAV methods,
i.e. PROPPATCH, require that a message body be sent with the HTTP
request. It might look something like this:

PROPPATCH /bar.html HTTP/1.1
Host: www.foo.com

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<D:propertyupdate xmlns:D="DAV:"
xmlns:Z="http://www.w3.com/standards/z39.50/">
<D:set>
<D:prop>
<Z:authors>
<Z:Author>Jim Whitehead</Z:Author>
<Z:Author>Roy Fielding</Z:Author>
</Z:authors>
</D:prop>
</D:set>
<D:remove>
<D:prop><Z:Copyright-Owner/></D:prop>
</D:remove>
</D:propertyupdate>

At first, I thought that creating a new function based on the POST
functions might work. However, since the server never sends back a 100
Continue status the POST callback functions are not being called and the
message body isn't being sent. My question is this: how do I attach a
message body to a HTTP request? It seems like it should be simple to do
but I can't find an appropriate HTRequest_* function.

Josh Watts  /  PretoryNet, Inc.
email: jwatts@pretorynet.com
phone: 770.752.3453