HTLoadToFile grief

From: <ddaly@openglobe.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 18:36:34 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-lib@w3.org
Please count me among the many pulling our collective hair out trying to
bend libwww to our will.

My problem seems simple: I am using HTLoadToFile.  Under particular
circumstances, I must abort the transfer, and erase the remnant of the
file that gets left behind.  I am unable to unlink the file because it
is still open.  I have tried several ways to get libwww to close the
file, and I've been all over the documentation looking for the Right Way
to do this.  I must be missing something obvious, because with every
attempt, I get a return from unlink() indicating that the file is still
open.

This situation does not seem like a corner case, and still I can find no
example that grants me success.

Stopping the event loop is not a problem, and bringing the Library to a
stop (via HTProfile_delete()) is not a problem, and libwww works very
well when I don't have to interrupt and erase the resultant file.

Can someone please point me to documentation or example which shows
which calls to make to properly close the file so that I can safely
unlink it?

--
Daniel M. Daly, Senior Software Engineer, Application Development
OpenGlobe, Inc.  (an Escient Technologies Affiliate)