About use SSL

From: linbaojing <linbj@cn.is-one.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 22:33:36 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-lib@w3.org>

     I am a programer in china , I use XML-RPC library , Our Server is Linux , Server is cgi . Client is Windows Os , Our question is use SSL but program failure , I want know how to use ssl .
    I build program load OpenSSL's library , In xmlrpc_client_call function , Second Paramer is server URL, I use https link , but function failure , if I use http link , this function is success. How to solve.
                                                                                                                                                        thanks
                                                                                                                                                     yours