Entity-loss on HTTP-500

From: <korri@igd.fhg.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:40:02 +0100
Hello,

I'm currently facing serious problems while working in a project using
the UNIX libwww.

Everything works fine when we get the return-value 200 (OK) in response
to a POST.
But when the return-value is 500 (Internal server error), the entity
containing the reason for the error is destroyed somewhere.
It is definitely sent away from the server and received by the
client-machine, but somewhere inside libwww it magically disappears...
I'm testing with a slightly modified version of the library-example
"mempost" which shows this behavior.

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience debugging C under UNIX, so
any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
 korri