Re: Win32 linking problems after 5.3.1 upgrade

From: Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no>
Date: 25 Oct 2000 11:56:51 +0200
To: www-lib@w3.org

>> Hm... I found it I think:
>> <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/libwww/Library/src/HTZip.c.diff?r1=2.8&r2=2.8.4.1>

>> I'm not sure it's relevant for me, since my zlib is static.  Should
>> I make zlib a DLL?  I worry that this might affect other modules of
>> my program using it.

> My Amaya zlib is static too. The best way to know what happens is to
> give it a try :)

True. :-)

Unfortunately it didn't work.  I still get the missing symbols:
	HTZip.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _inflateEnd@4
	HTZip.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _inflate@8
	HTZip.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _inflateInit_@12

Hm... can it be the version of the zlib?  I'm using version 1.0.4 of
zlib.

It still should find the symbols if they were the same, though.  And
there are functions of all three names in the zlib code.  What the
symbols actually do look like in the .lib I don't know.

Anyone know of a tool similar to "nm" for Win32?  Ie. something that
can dump the symbols in a .lib?