Lose all response header if there is a "Cache-Control: no-cache" header!

From: <Timo.Ross@ic3s.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:17:37 +0200
To: www-lib@w3c.org
Hi!

I use LIBWWW to request content from origin servers and work with this
content. For this I have a look at the content type and decide what is to
do. No I have a strange problem. If I send a request and the response
include a "Cache-Control: no-cache" response header, LIBWWW don't store any
response header !!! (also the content-type header is empty -> www/unknown)
Can that be intentional ? I have a look to the source code of HTMIME.c
(function pumpdata **beginning**) and HTAnchor.c (function
HTAnchor_update). There you can see that if the response have the state
"HT_NO_CACHE" no response header will be stored in the anchor object!

To solve the problem I change the conditions in this function, but I do not
know if I understand this problem complete. Perhaps any body can help me,
if this is a bug or is there a other way to get the response headers ?!?!

Thanks in advance ...

Timo!