directing HTML error messages to a stream

From: Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no>
Date: 28 Sep 2000 14:33:12 +0200
To: www-lib@w3.org
I have an application which is a graphical editor with HTTP support
(currently only GET support which I am right now upgrading to PUT
support).

The application is based on Qt 2.2 and libwww (CVS checkout of
September 4 1999, with the Amaya tag).

I have called HTConversion_add() for "text/html" with a function that
creates a stream objects which displays the content of the HTML object
in a QMessageBox warning dialog
	<http://doc.trolltech.com/qmessagebox.html>
relying on Qt's RichText formatting to handle HTML.

This works fine when loading an actual text/html documents.

But return codes other than 200, which has a piggy backed text/html
document containing an error message, disappears into a black hole.

Do I have to register a handler for a different format than text/html
to get these error messages?  Or do I have to hook into a completely
different place?  It isn't it possible to get hold of these documents?

Thanx!

- Steinar