Re: Post Anchor to Chunk? (resend)

From: <Timo.Ross@ic3s.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:39:23 +0200
To: kevl88@yahoo.com
Cc: www-lib@w3.org

----- Forwarded by Timo Ross/IC3S on 27.09.00 14:39 -----

                    Timo Ross
                                         To:     Kevin L <kevl88@yahoo.com>
                    27.09.00 14:16       cc:
                                         Subject:     Re: Post Anchor to Chunk? (resend)(Document link:
                                         Timo Ross)

Hmmmm....

I still can't see you problem with the XmlRpc content/Request. Perhaps
because I do not know what it is !!!
But I have the same effect as you. I get the reply asynchronously, because
I use non blocking sockets! And I think you too. If you want to have
synchronously replies you MUST use blocking sockets. You can use the
"HTProfile_newPreemptiveClient" function to initialise libwww with blocking
sockets and have a look at the "chunkbody.c" example application! If you do
not use blocking socket and no eventloop, the "load"-function returns
immediatly after you have called it, and your chunk is still empty. With
blocking sockets, the function will not return before the request is
fullfilled. BTW libwww is not thread save ((-;

OK ... hope this will help you ... Timo