Desperately in need of help: Libwww 4.x for Windows

From: Henrik Klinkmann <kirkie@mbnet.fi>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 10:07:10 +0300
To: www-lib@w3.org
I would really need some help, since I have to turn in my project on
HTTP performance in a few weeks, and I can't seem to get libwww working.

I am trying to get a HTTP/1.0 implementation of libwww working on Windows,
apparently libwww 4.x is such an implementation. I have been able to compile
libwww 4.1 with VC++ 6 without errors, but when I run it, nothing happens.
It just quits. I have made some modifications so that it prints through
printf(), but it always says something like Invalid adress.
Any help, or especially a libwww 4 binary for Windows that works, would be
something I would really appreciate.

I have also tried to compile it with Cygwin, but it already fails in the
./configure section, due to some error.

Henrik Klinkmann