ASP2HTML

From: Douglas Falkenburg <doug@imtisystems.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 10:02:40 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Nguyen Anh Tuan" <e9502002@dit.hcmut.edu.vn>
Cc: "Raffaele Sena" <raff@nuvomedia.com>, <www-lib@w3.org>
Nat,

Did you ever find a solution to your ASP2HTML issue. I have a similar
issue. My ASP system produces engineering reports for a large corporation.
I have to pull up each report (i.e., ASP file) and save it as an HTML for
their imaging system. I quote from ASP2.0 Professional from Wrox:

MS IIS site contains a selection sample compenets that you can use ... To
download these go to IIS Samples, Components & Utilities:
  http://backoffice.microsoft.com/downtrial/moreinfo/iissamples.asp
The ASP2HTML component represents a thin layer over Java's URL; given a
URL, the ASP2HTML object will connect to the location and retrieve its
properties.

A typical use of this component can be downloading ASP pages from your own
server, let the server-side scripting occur,, and save the resulting HTML
files. e.g,
Set objASP2HTM = Server.CreateObject("IISSample.ASP2HTM")
Download the page:
objASP2HTM.URL("http://localhost/default.asp")
Save to local file:
if objASP2HTM.GetData() then
  objASP2HTM.WriteToFile("c:\myhtml\default.htm")
end if

UNFORTUNATELY, the MS site where this object is suppose to be doesn't
exist! I need this for my app. Any help appreciated. I'm desparate.

Doug Falkenburg
President
IMTI Systems