Planning to roll out a new version tomorrow

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 18:29:40 +0200 (MET DST)
To: www-lib@w3.org
Folks,

I think that libwww is ready for the next version. I still need to
add and test the patches proposed by Gary Desrochers, but many of them
require an analysis as they concern core changes.

So, I propose to add whatever I can from his patches and put the rest
for evaluation in the special patch directory.

What do you want to call this version? 5.3.0 or 5.3.1? Many people
are calling the previous one 5.3.0 even if it said pre. So, I'm more
into using 5.3.1. What do you think?

If you know of any other serious bug or thing missing in the pre5.3.0
distribution, please let me know.

There's still the question about using HTEvent_CLOSE or HTEvent_READ
in HTEvtLst.c... one breaks HTTP/1.0, the other FTP...

We can always roll out another minor version afterwards.

As always, comments are welcome :)

Cheers,

-Jose