Re: undefined symbols when building apps

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:25:17 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Jim Marshall <jim_marshall2268@hotmail.com>
CC: www-lib@w3.org
Hello Jim,

In our previous episode, Jim Marshall said:
> I'm running on Solaris 8, and due to requirements I have to use the Sun 'cc'
> compiler (cc info: Sun WorkShop 6 2000/04/07 C 5.1).

I have not tried to compile libwww under Solaris8 and using that compiler,
so I can only give little advice.

For the MD5 references, it may be that the MD5 library isn't compiled.
It's located in the Library/modules/md5 directory.

As for the HTDir... maybe configure isn't detecting what it should for your
platform and the defines may be causing some problems. I advice you examine
the source the modules where the functions are defined and see if there
are no ifdef which may be causing problems.

-Jose