Re: Installation and use of libwww

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:04:13 +0200 (MET DST)
To: "William, Richard (CAP, AFS)" <Richard.William@gecapital.com>
CC: www-lib@w3.org
Hello, Richard,

In our previous episode, William, Richard (CAP, AFS) said:

> We are trying to install the library libwww on our server which is a Solaris
> unix machine.  We were not able to load it properly.  Could u please give us
> a brief description on how to intall and use the library to build a program
> in C to make http requests to a remote server.

For the first part, the Distribution  page[1] is the best source of
information.  For the second part, I'd advise to look at the sample
programs[2] and, if there are still some doubts, write to the mailing list
www-lib@w3.org :)

Note that the examples will we available under a similar named directory, once
you checkout libwww.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Library/Distribution
[2] http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/
[3] ~/libwww/Library/Examples