Need help to make synchronized GET request

From: Chi-Sheng Shih <CShih@msx.corp.altavista.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:59:24 -0700
To: "'www-lib@w3c.org'" <www-lib@w3c.org>
Hi, everyone,

	I am trying to find the function to make a synchronized, blocking,
	GET request. However, all I can find are asynchronized functions.
	For instance, LoadAbsolute() and LoadToFile().

	Does anyone know how to make a blocking call?
	I have tried my best to find the answer on the web site and the
archived
	mail, however, I still have no idea to how to do it.

	Thanks,
	Chi-sheng

Chi-sheng Shih
cshih@uiuc.edu