Re: Problems with SSL

From: Ville Alkkiomaki <ville.alkkiomaki@sonera.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:12:01 +0300
To: www-lib@w3.org

I found a possible patch for problems with multiple SSL connections to
the same server. (like in user authentification)

The library code doesn't seem to be able to reuse the old htssl
structure, so I changed the ssl_close code so that a new structure will
be generated for every new connection.

I modified HTSSL_close() to

PUBLIC BOOL HTSSL_close (HTSSL * htssl)
{
    if (htssl) {
        HTTRACE(PROT_TRACE, "HTSSL....... Closing SSL Object %p\n" _
htssl);
        SSL_shutdown(htssl->ssl);
        SSL_free(htssl->ssl);
        htssl->ssl = NULL;
        close(htssl->sd);
        htssl->sd=-1;
        htssl->connected = NO;
        return YES;
    }
    return NO;
}

And removed HTHost_setCloseNotification()'s from both HTSSLWriter_free
and HTSSLReader_free.

After these changes i got both GET&POST to work over SSL under RH6.1
Linux.

This patch may cause some performance to drop but at least it seems to
work.

regards,

Ville Alkkiomäki