Static linking question

From: Jim Marshall <jim_marshall2268@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 07:56:48 PDT
To: www-lib@w3.org
I am new to lib-www, I have searched this group and the FAQ and couldn't
find an answer.

I'm writing a small client app (basically it will utilize the code from the
post.c and postform.c examples).  I want to try and keep it as small as
possible, but I also need to statically link in the lib-www code.

It seems that I have to link in _ALL_ of the libraries that are created for
lib-www otherwise I get unresolved external errors.  The problem is that my
executable is '3710976' bytes and I've added very little code.  Do I really
need to link in all of the lib-www static libraries or am I missing
something obvious?

Thanks for your time
-Jim