w3c options

From: <el@deckpoint.ch>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 15:45:33 +0100 (CET)
To: www-lib@w3.org

Hello all,

I would like to use the w3c tool from libwww to automate http post
requests on the web. But I found out that some web sites would deny my
post when the Referer field isnt set to their own url.

Is their a way to define a Referer url in the w3c command line?

I was able to do that with lwp-request and the -H option ( -H
'Referer: http://url..' ) but perl is so slow...

Also when browsing the ComLine options page
(www.w3.org/ComLine/User/CommandLine.html), I noticed that the link to the
configuration file RuleSyntax.html is asking for a password.

Any idea?

best regards,

Eric Laporte