RE: Timeout bug in HTEvtLoop

I submitted a fix to this last week.  One problem is with count of the
number of sockets.  You might want to look at it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Flynn [mailto:flynn5@home.com]
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2000 10:01 AM
To: www-lib@w3.org
Subject: Timeout bug in HTEvtLoop

As in all cases, either I've goofed up the example or I've uncovered a
bug.

I put an event timeout using the HTHost_setEventTimeout( int ) function,
and I am able to catch the event in a cbf after the appropriate amount
of time.   The problem occurs after the cbf as I want to break the event
loop and return control to another part of my program.   The terminate
handler calls the appropriate functions (from what I've seen in the
examples) but the code in the EventLoop (HTEvtLoop.c) doesn't do any
checking of the main loop variable that I've turned off with a call to
HTEventList_stopLoop().  I just goes on to read from a socket that will
never return anything.  It doesn't seem to matter what I return from the
cbf...  All the example programs just do an exit().

I've included a copy of the hacked showtext.c.  I've wrapped the
functions into a simple C++ class.  I've been testing this against a
simple CGI shell that just spits out some text then sleeps for some
short amount of time (10 secs vs the 5 secs I set for the timeout
callback).

Any help or insight would be appreciated.
-Mike Flynn
flynn5@home.com