Stupid Question

From: Noah Arliss <narliss@cs.brandeis.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 01:57:09 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org
I know this is probably a stupid question. I am looking at the example code for
showtext.c in an attempt to understand how to parse. I understand that the
addText function hooks in through the HText_registerTextCallback function, what
I don't understand is how the buf and len are populated. I don't seem to see
any good explanation of how the hooks work and what parameters are common. If
anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.