Re: ftp deadlock (+post callbacks) patch

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 12:29:22 +0100 (MET)
To: joe bester <bester@mcs.anl.gov>
CC: www-lib@w3.org
Joe,

Thanks for your contribution.

I did some cosmetic modifs and commited your patch. If possible, next
time that you make a patch, could you follow the libwww Style guidelines?
It'll simplify the process of integrating patches :)

In our previous episode, joe bester said:
> Hi again,
>
> I ran into problems running with libwww and wu-2.6.0(3) ftp server.
> >From what I could tell, the ftp server was expecting the client to
> close the data socket before the server would send the
> "226 Transfer complete." message. This was causing the FTP state
> machine to stop. I added a call to HTDoClose to HTFTP.c in the
> NEED_BODY state when the transfer is completed.
>
> I also added some code to allow incremental streaming ftp data
> into the user application via a PostCallback function. The
> majority of the patch is actually this handling. I was a little
> unclear on what the return codes from the post callback are supposed
> to mean, so it may not be entirely correct...

I didn't test the post callback feature, but I saw what you mean,
specially in the HTFTPGetData function and the HT_OK and HT_LOADED changes.

Did you see how it is done in HTAccess.c:HTEntity_callback?

As, so far, you're the only one who's using this new feature, I committed
it as is. If we find some other bugs, we'll fix them later on.

-Jose