Re: Libwww-SSL

At 09:06 00/01/27 +0100, Dr. Helmut A. Wißmann wrote:
 >1999) is the correct choice to solve our problem. On your web-pages we
 >found a distribution for testing only in the US. To our opinion this due
 >to the American legislation. From my information the American law about
 >the export/import and or/use of this kind of software have been changed.
 >So can you tell me, if it possible to obtain Libwww-SSL library

Given the new export policies we expect to remove the export control
associated with Libwww-SSL. However, since we are using MIT network services
to provide these controls (as they do with PGP), we will rely upon the
discretion of MIT network services and legal counsel to provide the official
all clear before removing the access control. We need to make sure we have
the policy down right -- for instance, the treatment of binaries may differ.

Consequently, I hope within the month Libwww-SSL source will be "officially"
globally accessible.

Joseph Reagle Jr.
XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/