Re: JavaScript functions?

From: Raffaele Sena <raff@nuvomedia.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:49:29 -0800
To: "J.K. Lin" <jinkun@mindspring.com>, <www-lib@w3.org>
>   I am writing a simplified web browser.  My trouble now is
>about JavaScript code embedded in HTML pages.  Does
>anybody knows how I can get any source code of JavaScript
>interpreter/parser so that I can embed it in my browsing
>functions?  (If necessary, I am willing to pay for it. :-)

I think there was some work done in the KDE File Manager (that is an HTML
viewer).
I don't know what the status of JavaScript in Mozilla is, and how easy it is
to use
it in another applicationl.

If you want a commercial implementation, check out Nombas ScriptEase
(http://www.nombas.com/).
No idea of the current pricing, and it's not the easiest thing to add to a web
browser, but
it's doable. Just be prepared to add a lot of stuff to you browser (callbacks,
lists of HTML objects
and such). And at the end it will not be a simplified web browser anymore :)

-- Raffaele