Re: Memory leak and CVS build

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 18:56:27 +0100 (MET)
To: Andrew Lau <amlau@optigrab.com>
CC: www-lib@w3.org
Working off-list with Andrew, we managed to see that the problem
comes from one of the auto-xx tools.

I don't have a solution on how to fix the bug, but I have a workaround:
I passed Andrew my configure and wwwconf.h.in and that did the trick.

While waiting for the good fix, I'll either commit those files or put
them on-line next Monday.

In the meantime, I have a freshly printed version of the auto-xx manuals
here... but I also have many other patches to apply and little fixes.

Could we (the people who have cvs write access to the base), organize
ourselves so that we can divide this work a bit? Otherwise, I'm not sure
how much time it'll take me finish preparing the next release :-/

I think we need:

- people to apply patches
- people for fixing bugs already reported
- people to test the roll-out versions
- people to trim up the doc

If necessary, we can open the write access to some other volunteers, if
they meet the coding requirements.

I'll send a followup message next week, with a proposition on how we can
try to share some of the work (open to all comments, of course) :)

-Jose