Re: Help! How to Compile W3Lib into 16-bit DLLs?

From: Raffaele Sena <raff@nuvomedia.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 15:28:12 -0800
To: <bullz@21cn.com>, <www-lib@w3.org>

> Hi,
>
> I am using libwww from w3c, and I don't know how to Compile W3Lib into
16-bit DLLs. Who
> can help me, thanks!
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Bullz

    Ah!

    I think the last time I built libwww for Win16 was in 1995, and I don't
    really remember all the details.

    But you can try!

    Look for WINDOWS and WIN32 in the code (*.c and *.h/*.html) and make sure
    they are "correct" (i.e. WIN32 is really for WIN32 specific things. I just
    noticed something in HTWWWStr.c that it should probably be a generic
WINDOWS
    thing).

    The other main problem is memory allocation. If I remember well, the
regular
    malloc on Win16 only allow you to allocate 64K of memory, so you may want
    change the HTMemory.c module to use GlobalAlloc/GlobalDealloc (is that how
    they are called ?)

Hope this helps, and good luck!

    Raffaele