Problems with PUT

From: Quan Feng <quan@datajunction.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:27:04 -0500
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
Hello!

My company would like to use wwwlib's PUT (HTTP & FTP) function in a product. I have been experimenting with the programs, WinCom.exe and put.exe that come with the library, and found the following problems:

1. I use put.exe to upload a file to an FTP server and the upload seems always interrupted. I run put.exe in the debugger (Visual C++) and find that it is the call to HTProfile_delete() in the terminate_handler() that interrupts the upload. If I comment out this line and the following line, exit(0), then the upload works OK. It seems that the PUT thread is still working when the the terminate_handler() is called. This is most obvious if I use a modem connection: the dialup networking monitor still shows activity long after terminate_handler() has been called.

2. I use WinCom.exe to put a file to a username-password protected area in a web server (Apache on Windows NT),  and always get "405 Method not Allowed". The log file does not have any error message related to the PUT-request. I don't know if this is a problem of wwwlib or I didn't configure the web server properly, although the GET works great.

I'd appreciate it very much if some of you out there can help me out.

Quan