Local file access problem

From: <jonah_lin@nysunburst.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 17:27:06 -0400
To: www-lib@w3.org

Hi, I'm trying to use the HTML parser to parse local HTML files. I'm basing my
program off showtext. The thing is, it works great if it's a remote file
accessed via http (all the proper callback functions gets called), but when I'm
trying to access the local file via the file protocol, I just get into an
infinite loop in this loop (in HTEventList_loop):
(It just responds to some window events, but that's it)

while (!HTEndLoop && GetMessage(&msg,0,0,0)) {
         TranslateMessage(&msg);
         DispatchMessage(&msg);
}

It seems to be waiting for an event to come in from the parser? Is there a
reason why a local file is not triggering the events while a remote file is? I
have the file protocol and the Local transport properly set up. Is there
something else I'm forgetting to do?

BTW, I'm calling this simply by:
char * pURL="file:///C:/test.html"; // test contains just a few letters in the
body
HTLoadAbsolute(pURL,request);
HTEventList_newLoop();

Any help would be appreciated..