Re: Error while reading..

From: Kinuko Yasuda <kinuko@tom.sfc.keio.ac.jp>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 19:05:42 +0900
To: hal@melody.se
Cc: www-lib@w3.org

Hi,

In message Error while reading..
      Hkan Lfdahl <hal@melody.se> wrote:

> I'm using the post example posting from memory, and I've wrtieen a
> similar case with
> non-blocking sockets for get.. It goes fine until I'm to retrieve the
> data. Then the socket
> goes kaboom and I can't retrieve the hole message. The debug printouts
> looks like this:
>
> StreamStack. Source output
> Building.... Content-Decoding stack
> Building.... Transfer-Decoding stack
> Host........ passing 236 bytes as consumed to 0x8050df8
> Host........ 321 bytes remaining
> Read Socket. Target ERROR -1
<snip>

I have had the similar problem before.

If I remember rightly,
this error will occur when the library is going to save/write retrieved
data into a file (or something) which has not been opened yet or closed
mistakenly.

I recommend you to check not only the input side (a network socket),
but also the output side (a file or something).

Thank you.
--
kinuko