Re: Static compiling

From: Raffaele Sena <raff@nuvomedia.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 11:55:30 -0700
To: <christopher.keller@bigfoot.com>, <www-lib@w3.org>
> Any special tricks involved in getting programs which use libwww to
> compile static? I'm getting some unresolved references to the expat
> stuff which doesn't seem to make sense, considering the expat library is
> supposedly compiled in by default.
>
> In particular, I'm just trying to get the sample program 'chunk.c' to
> compile in static mode.

    If I remember well, libwww does generate both static and dynamic
libraries.
    I have a test program where I just add '-Wl,-Bstatic' to statically link
libwww
    (and add '-Wl,-Bdynamic' for such libraries that don't seem to have a
static version).

    It may be that expat doesn't have a static version of the library, so you
can try
    to force the load of the dynamic version. I cannot be more precise since
for my
    application I didn't include expat at all.

-- Raffaele