RE: Apologies/Plans for next libwww release

From: Vladimir Kozlov <Vladimir.Kozlov@idm.ru>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 18:06:00 +0300
To: jose.kahan@w3.org
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
Hello,

> - new libwww release. I propose we make a new release in January, to
>   "celebrate" the change of century and also to reflect all
> the patches
>   we have had.

Sounds great! The only note - it's not a change of a century yet, but
nevertheless it's good year to celebrate :-))

> - Exportable SSL support. Olga first submitted some patches,
> then Henrik
>   inspired himself on them to make a libwww SSL module. Bad
> news... it
>   cannot be exported from the USA. I'm currently
> investigating if we can
>   remove this restriction. Otherwise, I will rewrite the
> module from scratch
>   and distribute it from France or from some other country
> other than the USA.

Maybe we could do it like PGP people did? I mean, export the _printed_
version of a source code, than scan it?

By the way, as far as I remember there were some difficulties with
libwww on Windows2000. Could anybody check it out?

Kind regards,

Vladimir.

Vladimir Kozlov, IDM, Ltd.

e-mail     : mailto:Vladimir.Kozlov@idm.ru